[Bug] Play in Mobile preview and standalone game crashes in 4.4 Preview

Using 4.4.0 Preview build compiled from Github.

I just downloaded 4.4 preview build and opened one of my projects which was working perfectly fine in 4.2.1. Now in 4.4 Preview when i play the game as Mobile Preview or Standalone Game, game crashes.

Mobile Preview:

12305-mob_preview.png

Crash (its huge):

EDIT: Crash only happens in this project. In another project Mobile Preview works fine.

Howdy ryanjon,

Thank you reporting this issue. Would you be able to attach a crash log on the issue? Also, in your project, would you by chance added a custom event node to a parent blueprint?

Would you mind sending me this project over the Forums again so that I may further investigate? I would like to check and see if this issue is still occurring in a future build.

Thanks and have a great day!

Howdy Sean,

I have sent you the project via Forum PM. Please check your inbox.

Thanks for sending it over. Just looked into the issue. Would you be able to attached a txt.file of the crash so that I could attached it to the bug report that I will write up?

I am getting the crash by running that project in Standalone and mobile preview but the callstack is not fully showing for me.

Thanks again!

Sure…Here you go:

Crash Log

Hey ryanjon,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to recreate the crash thanks to the project that you sent to me. I have entered TTP# 343677 into our bug database so that it may be fixed in a future release.

Thanks again and have a great day!

I wanted to chime in that I’ve received a similair issue as well with the 4.4 binary build on Windows 8.1. This happens whenever I exit the Mobile Preview. Nothing bad appears to happen other then getting the Crash Reporter popping up. The game runs fine and the Editor keeps right on going…

Here’s the Callstack from the Crash Reporter:

!Id:42d94ea38e653285906dc223698a5f78

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error!

UE4Editor_SourceControl + 258971 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2308002 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2309308 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Exit() + 418 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1973]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 529 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:144]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:201]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]