[Bug] No undo after pilot mode

There is no undo recorded for pilot mode. Changing object’s transform back after flying around is impossible.

v4.13.1-3142249+++UE4+Release-4.13

Hello Krzysiek_TATE,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you elaborate further on what result you are seeing and how it is at an inverse to what you would expect?

Sure I can reproduce it on clean project. I also checked on my teammate’s computer.

1. Right click on actor.
  2. Hit “Pilot” on it.
  3. Fly around with Actor attached to your viewport.
  4. Hit the button on the top-left corner to stop Pilot mode.
  5. Hit Undo to push the Actor’s transform back to it’s preview position ( at least that’s what should happen to me ).
  6. Actor doesnt change it’s transform at all - you get "Undo Clicking on Actors (Context Menu). So it seems like the Pilot mode wasn’t recorded by Undo mechanizm at all.

After further testing I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have also provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates. Thank you for your time and information.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-37816)

Make it a great day

Cool. Thanks. The link doesn’t seem to be correct.

The link appears to work when I tested it just now. The tracker may have needed to update. Could you try again and let me know if it’s working?

It does now. Thanks. The reproduce steps are also correct. :wink:

Still valid on 4.14

There still seems to be no Undo for changes made to an actor’s position after being piloted

I sure wish I knew this before I did anything. ■■■■. I am a newb got my scene set up and everything and was like ooh what is pilot everything is messed up and undo did not fix the issue one bit. It did undo everything else around like grouping folders etc. I am not fixing this anytime. I am too sick to try.
My version is 4.18.