[bug] New UV Channels not added on reimport

Heya,

Small bug. If you import a 3d mesh, then later, add a new uv set/channel, and re import. Unreal does not recognise the file has a new uv channel to import. Only way to get a new UV channel in is to delete and import from scratch. Applies to static and skeletal meshes. Tested with Max and Maya exports.

Easy to recreate. In your 3D package: Make a cube, unwrap it and import to UE4. Go back to your 3d package, make a second uv channel, export, and hit reimport in Unreal. It will not import your new channel.

Hi Daniel,

I just tried this and it worked fine for me in 4.15. Which fbx version are you using?

I just tried it fresh, this time in 4.15.1, and had the same problem occur. Testing with 3DS Max 2015, using fbx2014

I made a cube, set up uv 1. exported and brought into Unreal. Uvs correct. I then go back to my cube in max, add another UV channel, do something with it, and export over the original fbx. I hit reimport in Unreal, and the new uv channel is missing. As proof it’s the reimporter, I then imported that same cube fbx fresh to a different folder in Unreal, and it contains all the uv channels correctly.

Hey Daniel,

Sorry I’m not getting the same results, but I tried it again with Max 2015 and FBX 2014. Can you send me the two fbx files you’re using?

Hey Daniel,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.