[bug] My trigger don't overlap landscape(terrain)!

Hi ,

Please do send the updated version, I’ll take another look and see what I can find out.

HI, i you PM on forum, thank you

Hi ,

Unfortunately I cannot open the project version you sent me. The project continuously crashes when I attempt to open it. What specific blueprints will I need to reproduce this? I can pull them into another project to test. Alternatively, if you have a different project I can look at I will be happy to take a look and see if I can suggest a few options for you.

Hi,Yes i know that it crash… and i hope some one from epic can help me fix it because its ENGINE ERROR(another bug?) i don’t do anything!!! just close my project and in next time it don’t want to start… and you say “I can pull them into another project to test” can i also do this? if yes how?, i only use migrate function to transfer my assets from project to project, but project don’t start!!!

PS BP what you need called “BP_warthog_origin” (or something similar to this)

I was able to open the project by removing the working_level.umap from your project, however attempting to open the warthog blueprint is crashing the editor.

What was the most recent addition you made to your vehicle blueprint?

hi, last thing what i do that just disable/anable checking by self damage for video(nothing special) what i record inwww…com/watch?v=98EsKfITFtY&feature=youtu.be , and close editor like i always do… BUT now i think i know why my project don’t work, its because BP_Warthog_Origin.uasset file size equal zero!!! and when UE try load level with this broken bp(BP_Warthog_Origin already placed on level)!!! i get a crash, but problem is my main most important bp is a BP_Warthog_Origin and i think because of this unknown engine bug i lost my project??? or there a way to recover this BP_Warthog_Origin.uasset?

also i find very old version of my project where i don’t add damage with damage triggers overlap, and for future development and bug fixing i try recreate again this damage system and send project to you

PS i think now UE editor has more important and danger bug, with this bug all users can loose their projects in future(ue 4 games has to big sizes for make backup for every day…) so Epic need do something with saving system

If you go into your \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\backup\ folder, there may be a copy of your warhog still available. Are you using any source control, such as perforce, for your project? We highly recommend utilizing source control, even on an individual project, because this allows you to revert version safely.

thx, this help!!! i find copy of my warthog in save directory… so i check all and give you last version of my project with damage trigger bug

hi , i recreate all and send you my project on UE4 forum, same problem inside(cheeking triggers collide with self Vehicle BP even when i set ignore vehicles!!!) and i also test in 4.10 P2 nothing change for me…

I looked into your project and found that the error you are seeing is not a bug. If you look in your damage checker, you are checking to see if the hit actor != self. The hit actor in this case is self, because you are testing to see if your blueprint was overlapped by another actor. You need to check to see if the other actor != self, and if this is true then print the display name of “other actor” instead of “hit actor”.

hi, thx for help, but lets forget about my temp damage checker function for now…, because for me main problem is triggers(they always fire!!!)… so those triggers some how overlap my vehicle BUT i set collision channels to ignore vehicle so i think there are a BUG!!! or maybe i need do some tricky stuff to setup my triggers on ignoring vehicle???, so simple say – can i with collision channels(without using checking inside my damage checker function!!!) setup my triggers to shoot only on static mesh(walls, terrain), dynamic (other physical objects like boxes, barrels and etc ) and another damage triggers(from others cars) — ideal my triggers MUST only shoot once when they overlap with others object, but not in every frame like now.

That’s what I mean. When I changed the hit actor to “other actor”, the triggers only fired once per overlap as opposed to every frame. In addition, it only fired when the blueprint overlapped other actors as opposed to firing on self. It is possible that it is overlapping the character once the character possesses the vehicle, but that is something that can be added to the != check. After setting up the initial check, I did not see the overlaps checking multiple times, try the steps I recommended above and see if it works for you.

ok, maybe i don’t understand your previous reply, sorry… i will try this, thx again

PS Love unswerhub and direct Epic help!!!

I’m seeing this same issue as well, in 4.10.

My collision boxes are set to overlap with basically everything in the game world. However, when I collide with Terrain, nothing triggers. I am doing a check to get the Velocity of the Hit/Overlap Actor , but if that doesn’t come back as anything, I use the Vehicles Velocity. This may have to change, but it works ok for now, besides with the Terrain.

I watch my BP Graph as I collide with the Terrain, and it doesn’t trigger even the base/root node of the overlap.

I have my colliders set to overlap with world static, and the terrain is set to block all. However, normally i’ve been setting “Generate Overlap Events” for other actors, but it doesn’t seem like you can with Terrain.

I believe i am having the same issue with cause a overlap event on landscape. Is there a workaround for this? :slight_smile:

Hi Spaceman1861,

This bug report is still under assessment by the development staff. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented. I have updated the bug report to reflect that additional developers are experiencing this error.

I am having the same issue in 4.10 - has this not been resolved yet?

Hi ,

No, this bug is still under investigation. I am updating the bug report to reflect that additional developers are experiencing this error.

The bug is still here, I am using the 4.12.5. I tried various workaround that I found online, nothing did work.

Hi joel_m3c,

I checked on the bug report and it looks like this no longer reproduces as of 4.13. Once the 4.13 release is out, if the error still occurs please post back here and I’ll be happy to take another look.