Bug in blueprints after converting project from 4.10.4 to 4.11.0

Hi there. I am encountering a fairly odd bug in 4.11 after updating my Project from 4.10.4 to 4.11.0

Basically I have a blueprint class which derives from pawn. HovercarBase2, and then another class which derives from HovercarBase2 called PhageCar2

in HovercarBase2 there is an event tick event which sets its delta seconds to a variable (“deltaSeconds”)

in PhageCar2, that variable is used to do some graphical adjustments with an rInterp node for smoothly rotating some parts of my hovercar.

After conversion from 4.10 all instances in PhageCar2 of DeltaSeconds variable now got replaced with a completely different variable called “RCSThrusterSoundVolume”

So I figured, “odd, but I can fix these” so I replace them with the original delta seconds variable like before. But when I copy that newly created delta seconds variable (the same one as in 4.10, from the parent class) it copies the RCSThrusterSoundVolume variable somehow, so when I paste I get that again. I have to right click and type get DeltaSeconds, every time.

I’ve made a video demonstrating this, and the original behavior in 4.10.4 I’m afraid to move forward on my gave while this is happening so for now I’m staying on 4.10.4 until I hear back.

Here’s the demonstration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVGdmXacU7E

Hello,

Thanks for providing the video showing off the issue. I’ve attempted to reproduce the issue in a clean project, but I haven’t been able to see the same results. Would you be able to provide a zipped up copy of your project that we could look into? You can delete the Saved and Intermediate folders in order to trim down the file size, and PM me a link to Dropbox where I can download the project. Here is my forum link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?160394-Sean-Flint

Alternatively, if you have a way to reproduce this issue in a clean project, please feel free to post those repro steps as well.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day

Sorry for the delay. Due to the nature of this issue, it will take a large amount of time to assemble the test project for you. I do still have the issue and will be getting this done shortly

Thank you for the update. Please respond to this thread to reopen the issue once you have assembled the project.