- Start with the UE4 4.3 Source, in Visual Studio, build using Debug Editor Configuration
- Set Engine>UE4 as Start Project and then start in the debugger using F5 (Debug > Start Debugging ).
- Switch to the Unreal Project Browser and then the New Project Tab
- Select the Blank Project, then click Create Project Button.
- When the editor opens, close it.
6.Releaunch the editor and let it open. It then fails the laptop fan test with 18% CPU. Everything else, including Visual Studio shows 0%. See screen shot below.
Thanks, that helps.
yep, and you GPU became quite loud. You can lower the load by entering follwing command: “t.maxfps 60” or even
okay, nice. Could you set it “resolved”, so I would get my karma?
2017, same problem, only setting “t.maxfps 30” resolves the issue (60 fps reduces from 50-60 to 40% CPU usage, 30 fps option reduces it to like 5-10% CPU usage or so), thanks for the help. The setting to choose 30-60 should be added to the “Scalability Settings”, otherwise a lot of people will ask same quiestion in future.
I have the same problem. Can you explain for beginners where to set “t.maxfps 30”?