[BUG] Crash with window drag'n'drop

Hello !
I’m experiencing a crash that I’m able to reproduce every time. It happens when a drag’n’drop a tabed window outside of a dock.

Build info :

-Version 1627304

-Install path : C:\UDK\Rocket

Specs :

-RAM : 16 GB

-Graphic Card : GTX 470 (drivers 310.42)

-Description : The crash happens when I un-dock any type of window once they have multiple tabs. Note : it happens only if I don’t enable the log window.

-Redo step : Open a material, then open a texture, they will be docked inside the same window. Take any tab in the dock and bring it outside. When you release the mouse, the editor crash.

-Results : Silent crash, the editor disappear (it doesn’t show up anymore in the task manager), no errors or anything else.

-Expected : Getting the window placed normally and freely where I release the mouse.

-Screenshots : (What is the best way to share a video of the crash ?)

rocket_crash_drag.gif

Hello Fabrice,

I was attempting to reproduce this issue, but it would appear that this was a known problem that has been looked into. Please look forward to our next release, as it has most likely been fixed.

Thank you,

Alexander

Understood. :slight_smile:
(Since I didn’t see any report yet about this crash I preferred to make a post about to be sure.)

I just noticed a similar crash : I’m using an application called “DisplayFusion” that allows me to use a shortcut to send a window from one screen to one another (I have two monitors).

When using this shortcut, it immediately crash the editor. Even if I have the log window enabled. It happens on a custom map, not find the “Arch Viz” example.

My log :

[0014.79] LogFileHelpers: Loading map 'test_exil' took 0.136
[0023.49] LogWindows:Error: appError called: Assertion failed: !GMainThreadBlockedOnRenderThread || !IsInGameThread() [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_$$depot$UE4-Rocket\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\RenderingThread.h] [Line: 46]

Stack:
Address = 0xdc918206 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0xdc879ff1 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0xdbbb14dd (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Engine.dll]
Address = 0xdbbd2680 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Engine.dll]
Address = 0xdd5e1775 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd4b6c58 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd44aa4c (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd5557a5 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd4b6c58 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd44a488 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd5557a5 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd558a70 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd5559bd (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd558a70 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd556b8a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd556b8a (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd5559bd (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd44a488 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0xdd5559bd (filename not found)