First off I would like to thank you for going through and presenting a lot of useful information and further more doing it in an organized manner. That allowed me to much more quickly find that this is a known issue (UE-11311) and that it has been resolved internally. This resolution will be available in a later release of the engine. I hope this information helps.
There is not a time frame in place for when this solution will be released. As for the number that was given, this is so that any other staff member who needs information about this particular issue will know where to look in our data base. This can also make it much easier for other users request updates about particular issues without the need to go in depth every time.
I did a bit of digging and I found that this issue’s status has been changed to resolved internally. It has also been committed to main on github. I believe this is the commit that you are looking for. I hope this helps.
After reading over your post I agree that this issue is similar, however I do not believe that it is the same issue. The issue reported on this thread has been resolved. I am going to mark this question as answered and assist you on the thread that was linked above.