[Bug] Can't delete folders in Outliner

Hello everyone, I have a problem with folders in the Outliner.
When I remove the items inside a folder and then I delete the folder, the folder reappear after a while (empty). If I try to delete again, the folder reappear again after a while (or if i change scene, re-open the project…).
This not happend to me with every folder I delete, but now i have some folders in my outliner that are useless and i can’t delete them.

I try changing their names, or putting new items inside and deleting again but they always appear.
The only solution i find is copy all i have in the level less that folders, into a new level, but this is not a good solution, because this can happend again in the new level.

Thanks in advance!

up

Not sure, if this helps you, but this happened to me, when I converted multiple selected static meshes from a level to a blueprint class, like this:

and then used this blueprint in another level. It copied all outliner folders that are containing these meshes in the source level to the new level and they cannot be deleted permanently.
The only solution I came up with, was creating the actor blueprint by myself, adding the static meshes, then copy-pasting all locations and rotations from the generated blueprint (can be done with Ctrl + Leftclick/Rightclick) and using this instead of the generated one.

I think I have found a solution, I move the folder to another folder, right clicking on the folder i want to delete,and select Unpin. Then delete it.

Hey @Konter! Welcome to the forums!

If you aren’t fixing up redirectors, what’s likely happening is folders are being remade to accomodate the redirectors from that folder. Make sure to right click “Content” and then “Fix up Redirectors” when you move things! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I’m not talking about the content browser folders, I’m talking about the outliner folders. It seems that I have already found a solution, thanks

The same question

How can i close the post and mark as resolved?

This seems to be the solution “I think I have found a solution, I move the folder to another folder, right clicking on the folder i want to delete,and select Unpin. Then delete it.”

@Konter

move the folder to another folder, right clicking on the folder i want to delete,and select Unpin. Then delete it.

This didn’t work for me. But pressing the [DELETE] key worked.

The bug seems to be fixed, but I don’t know if you haven’t read that hitting delete didn’t work :wink:

I must have thought you were referring to a context delete.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.