Bug - Can't build project in 4.12

Hello.

Now I can successfully compile with 4.11, 4.13, and 4.12 p. 1.

And I tried to build my project in 4.12 p.2, but it fails with error

Log file open, 05/03/16 22:28:45
LogInit:Display: Running engine for game: MyGame
LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper
LogInit:Display: RandInit(199883428) SRandInit(199883429).
LogTaskGraph: Started task graph with 4 named threads and 5 total threads with 1 sets of task threads.
LogStats: Stats thread started at 0.062922
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-MyGame.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/SQLite3UE4Plugin/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-SQLite3UE4Plugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VaRest/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VaRest/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VictoryUMG/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VictoryUMG.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-MyGame.dll
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-SQLite3UE4Plugin.dll
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-VictoryUMG.dll
Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/4.12/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyGame Development Win64 -project="I:/MyGame/MyGame.uproject" -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
@progress push 5%
@progress pop
ERROR: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: ?⪠???? ? ????㯥 ?? ???? "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe".
   ? UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.CleanFile(String Filename)
   ? UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.CleanStaleModules()
   ? UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(String[] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile)
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-MyGame.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/SQLite3UE4Plugin/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-SQLite3UE4Plugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VaRest/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VaRest/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.
LogModuleManager:Warning: Found module file I:/MyGame/Plugins/VictoryUMG/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-VictoryUMG.dll (API version 0), but it was incompatible with the current engine API version (2962397). This is likely a stale module that must be recompiled.

What is this and how to fix this bug?

Thank you.

Hello Arthur,

• Are you using any plugins?
  • If so, could you please try building the engine without using those plugins?

Hello.

Solved with simple MS-DOS script :slight_smile:

rmdir /S /Q Binaries
rmdir /S /Q Build
rmdir /S /Q Intermediate
rmdir /S /Q Saved

rmdir /S /Q Plugins\SQLite3UE4Plugin\Binaries
rmdir /S /Q Plugins\SQLite3UE4Plugin\Intermediate
rmdir /S /Q Plugins\SQLite3UE4Plugin\Saved

rmdir /S /Q Plugins\VictoryUMG\Binaries
rmdir /S /Q Plugins\VictoryUMG\Intermediate

rmdir /S /Q Plugins\VaRest\Binaries