[BUG]Cannot Compile Any Of The C++ Templates

That’s so weird our Beta 4 + VS2012U environment worked fine. i wonder what could have caused this ? Thanks for all your help. We’ll give that a try and let you know.

Please do, I’m interested to know what happens (I’m just trying to help, I don’t work for Epic!). :slight_smile:

Uninstalled Rocket then re-installed rocket created a new c++ project, it still gave the error That the project was created successfully, but there was a problem compiling it. Would you like to open the project in your code editing IDE to attempt to debug it? I generated vs files, tried to compile and received the same compilation errors above

Hopefully we can figure out a solution. Does it matter that Both 2012 versions of Express and Ultimate are installed? Also Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate is installed.

I also have this exact same problem. The only difference is am on Windows 8 x64.

Okay, so this has become difficult to follow.

I’m going to tell you what my workflow is and then you can try that and see if that works for you:

1. In Windows Explorer I navigate to my project directory, right-click on the .uproject and select “Generate Visual Studio Files”

2. I then double-click the generated solution which then opens up Visual Studio 2012.

3. I make sure that my build configuration is set for “Debug Editor” and then hit F5 to build and run the editor.

That’s my basic workflow. Does that work for you?

If I want to add code in Visual Studio then I can (so long as I don’t add/remove any UPROPERTY declarations!) and then hit “Compile” in Rocket (even though Rocket is currently running through Visual Studio).

That was our exact Beta 4 workflow and everything worked then. We haven’t changed any steps for the new beta 5 but now in the Beta 5 release, I can’t even open a Rocket C++ project. It says something like the ProjectNameModule could not be loaded. Are you sure it’s compiled ? Then i try and compile it still says it couldn’t include windows.h

I just tried uninstalling every compiler i had and uninstalled rocket, Installed Express 2012 with Update 4, installed rocket, and i still am receiving the same errors.

Well, in the words of Shark Tank/Dragon’s Den - “I’m out”.

Somebody from Epic is going to have to help you - I have no idea what is causing this issue for you! The only thing I can suggest trying is moving the location of the project to somewhere else on your HD that results in a shorter path. I don’t think it will help though - but that’s about the last suggestion I can make!

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully someone at Epic knows whats wrong. Thanks again, Cheers!

I am having the same issue as well. IS there any solution aside from reinstalling the entire operating system, which is way too much ?

My thread is here : https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/12743/why-does-my-project-not-build-cannot-find-windowsh.html#answer-14031

By any chance, does your Windows user name has special chars ? That was the problem on my computer. UAT is sensitive to that.

Same problem here, so far I reinstall visual studio, make a new folder for the unreal with the source + optional +required files, all clean and nice… I Compile the engine in Developer Editor - Win 64… Compiles just fine without any errors…
so, I run the Unreal Editor and I choose a new “Third Person Game C++”, unreal makes the project files and open Visual Studio again… without touching any code, I Choose in my solutions configuration “Debug Editor - Win 64 - MyCustomGame” hit build… but i get the same errors…

In my previous installation of Visual Studio I tried EVERY build configuration ( “Debug”, “Debug Editor”, etc) but always the same error…
I have visual studio 2013 + Windows 8.1 x64.

EDIT: Is working for me now! I reinstall visual studio in my C: drive (I had it in F: drive before) and I deleted all the visual studio folders from my documents (I have 2 very old folders there from visual studio 2008 and 2010 )