When adding a container variable to a blueprint of type ‘Map’ with a key-type of ‘Key’, the default values UI will allow values to be added to the container, but the key is not displayed/editable.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch the editor and create a new blueprint
- Add a variable and set the container type to Map
- Set the key type to Key (FKey), value-type doesn’t matter.
- Compile and attempt to add an element to the default value of the type
- Observe that the user is not presented with any UI to define the Key in the new element.
Since FKey is a hashable type, it should be a valid Dictionary key-type and the default values editor should function properly.
Could you post a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing? I just did some test and I don’t believe I’m getting the same results.
We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information to reopen the post.
Sorry for the delay, TJ.
Below is a screenshot of the issue. Notice that the Default Value tab is missing the editor for the dictionary key when the type is set to ‘Key’.
Thanks for the screenshot. I was able to reproduce this and found that it’s actually a known issue that is logged as JIRA UE-42445.
It has to deal with displaying hashable structs in this manor. Our developers are currently investigating.