[BUG] Answerhub is spamming me i can't change notification preferences

Answerhub started to spam me this week with some “Questions in my area of expertise” emails, i understand why it’s doing it, i don’t consider myself an expert but i got it’s just some way of helping people to get their problems solved while help the “experts” getting “fame”, what may help them find jobs and etc.
But the point is that it’s frequency is really annoyng me, i’ve been receiving something around 10 e-mails/day and most of them are far from “my area of expertise”, but the REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THE NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES ARE NOT WORKING, everytime i try to change the notifications preferences i get this:

“An Internal error has occurred and we are sorry for the inconvenience.
We are doing our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.”

i’m trying to change it everyday since saturday and it still don’t works, i hope this get solved soon, otherwise i will have to block @unrealengine from sending me e-mails, what i really don’t want to.

Hi veccher.

Sorry about this. It’s a known issue that our web vendor is working to address soon. In the meantime, they should be able to run a fix on your account that will allow you to change the settings without hitting the error. I will reach out to them now, and let you know when they say it’s taken care of.

Cheers

Your account should be fixed now.

Cheers

Ty Stephen, i’m still receiving e-mails, but i’ll give you guys some time till it be fixed.
again ty.

o got it, i’ve changed the notifications preferences, looks like it’s working now, ty man, just in time, this was starting to get out of control haha:

Hey veccher.

We didn’t change your email settings, that’s for you to do. The fix was so you could change the settings without getting the “Internal Server Error” message.

haha, nope, somehow the system who detects my “areas of expertise” has overrated me for sure.

Wow, you must be quite the expert! :wink:

It feels like am getting email for every new question posted on the Hub, 60 a day from different sections. I mean, it got me a badge last week but the questions in the Japanese section I sometime feel is a bit hard for me to answer.

Cant fix the notification settings, end up at a error page, possible to change them from your side?

Hi Alltvin.

I’ll reach out to our web-vendor to get them to fix the error page you experience. You will then be able to update your notification settings.

@Alltvin - you should be able to update your settings now.

Yes it worked! Wonderful :smiley:

It still broken for me. I tried multiple times over two weeks and the page always crashes when I try to apply the new settings. The spam is real. Even my Facebook doesn’t spam me like this :D.
That’s more than 300 emails during the past 7 days so yeah… “please fix”

Hi NymKappa.

I’ll reach out to our web vendor to have them fix your account.

@NymKappa - your account should be fixed. Please try to update your settings again.

Thanks. It works. However, it would still be nice to fix it for everyone… :D. Half done work is equivalent to an empty main() function.

Agreed! Our web vendor is working on a software update for the site that contains many updates and should fix this issue globally. We are all eagerly awaiting that update.

Can I have myself removed from the mailing list too? It’s spamming my inbox too. Thanks.

I am also unable to remove my email notifications. However, I was able to remove any ‘skills’ that had been attached by going to the Expertise settings tab and removing any Currently matched topics

@EF are you able to change your Notification Settings yourself, or are you also experiencing the server error when you try?