Being able to attach actors to blueprints in level is great, so first of all thanks for that!
However, attachment breaks after i compile the blueprint.
What i do is this;
- Place the blueprint in level.
- Animate the blueprint via Matinee.
- Create a camera in level.
- Attach camera to the blueprint, animate via Matinee.
- Make a change in the blueprint and then compile.
- Go back to level and play, the camera is detached and snaps to 0,0,0.
It gets fixed if i attach the camera to the BP again right after compiling but this fix doesn’t work when i restart Rocket without re-attaching. Camera moves to 0,0,0 for good.
Thanks for your report! We were able to reproduce the steps you provided and we believe the root problem is that compiling a blueprint that is placed in the level will detach all actors that the blueprint is a parent of in the Scene Outliner. We have filed a defect for the issue and hope to have this fixed in a future Rocket release.
I’m seeing the same error in 4.17. I had a simple (non-Blueprint) actor attached to a socket in World Outliner. After converting it to a Blueprint, it becomes detached whenever I compile the blueprints, and I have to manually re-attach it before I can try out my changes.
Should I file a new bug on this, or will this comment serve to re-open the original report?