[BUG] Actor takes up resources after DESTROYED

Hi guys,

I don’t know if anyone else has seen this issue, I try to describe it as much as possible.

1. blueprint containing animated mesh
    is spawned (running character)
  2. after the animation routine is
    finished the actor is DESTROYED

The characters spawn on regular basis few times per minute, however after a short while (1 minute or so) the game starts to slow down to a point when it is absolutely unplayable.

Even when I add on Begin play some delay and then calling destroy actor (self) , the issue still persists.

Is this a core engine bug ? or is there any other way to totaly remove / destroy the actor ?

Hello,

I’ve tested this, but in my project the actor is being destroyed successfully and not leaving behind any traces that are taking up resources.

Could you please provide screenshots of your relevant blueprints?

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a clean project? If so, please provide a detailed list of repro steps.

Thanks

Hi,

I just tried it on empty project (transfered the BP’s directly) , works fine there…
It seems I have to remove features from the character untill I get to the point.

Sounds good, feel free to reopen this thread with a comment if you are able to reproduce the issue in a clean project and determine the cause of the issue and we can continue to investigate.