Recently, i want to use the DLC function on mobile devices. i just do the simple thing that is cooking the incremental contents of my project with UFD tool. But i found the UFD tool will not output the changed contents with one directory(such as: DLC\Cooked…). When completed cooking contents which were changed, they will be output to the original directory which is …/…/…/Saved/Cooked/Android_DXT/ . But i think the best way is output them to a new directory like unreal engine 3.
So i want to modify the incremental package cooking result. I checked the source code, and found the cook machine will not calculate one valid diff time stamp. So all contents will be forced re-cooked if we selected only cook modified content. Finally, i found the dependency files will be added to one arrays when cook machine is being initialized. If the contents were not placed into the …/Engine/Content directory, the path was registered is the absolute path(For a instance: D:UE4_Mobile/UnrealProjects/Valkyrie/Content/Maps/test.umap). So if the content is provided by you guys, the path is …/…/…/Engine/Content/filename.
Finally, there is one issue in PrepContentPackageTimeStamps function, which is contained in PackageDependencyInfo.cpp file. I have tried to fixed it, and the result looks like not bad.
Here i upload two image for you can correctly copy my messages.The first image shows your code and the second image shows the issue has been fixed. I do not know if this is the best way, so i wish you guys fix this issue as soon as possible.