Bug 6688: Orthophoto export failed when offline

Yesterday, I had no internet connection for a day.
Being offline, it was not possible to export orthophotos (I did not try anything else, but it might be the same).
Instead of opening the dialog box, an error bar opened with two different messages, erratically flickering.
The first time, it faded out after a minute or 2, the second time it did not.
Esc did not get me anywhere and I could not click anything else…

Translation: THIS PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED

ortho-export-error-offline_1.jpg

ortho-export-error-offline_2.jpg

Well, you need to be online when your export from RealityCapture Promo: http://www.capturingreality.com/Product#Buy

** You can use the application offline without limitations. The app sends a small batch with statistics like the count of images, scans or triangles only when exporting results.

To me that means that I can use it WITHOUT LIMITATIONS.
SENDING it does not neccessarily mean SIMULTANEOUSLY or that it definitely will not work without an active connection.

I can understand the need for the statistics - I would even agree to it with a proper license. Why not?
But to handcuff the user to an active connection really defies the promise for unlimited use.

I don’t see why it shouldn’t be possible to store all the data and send it next time when there is a connection.
And that has to be regularly due to the online activation.
I shall put that into a feature request…

And the bug still exists - there should be a proper message displayed and not a flickering trap that forces me to kill RC via the task manager… :twisted:

It is meant as otherwise (except during export)
Götz Echtenacher wrote:

**You can use the application offline without limitations. The app sends a small batch with statistics like the count of images, scans or triangles only when exporting results.

Götz Echtenacher wrote:

And the bug still exists - there should be a proper message displayed and not a flickering trap that forces me to kill RC via the task manager… :twisted:

Yes, you are right. Thanks for reporting.