Bug 512: Texture Generation stuck

Hi.
Step by step:

1. I did retopo in Zbrush and did UV in Layout. No overlaping in UV. Mesh - only 4 sided. (5 interation of subdivision in Zbrush with projected details)
  2. Trying to bake texture - and its go fast enough untill some point and… stuck for ever. (see attachment)
    Other scans works fine. Only this one its stuck.

Hi Yegor

If it got stuck, it is mostly something with the mesh, and I can say from my experience that if you use subdivisions, you can get mesh errors (non-manifolds, flipped etc.) so I HIGHLY recommend you to use DECIMATION MASTER before exporting mesh from ZB, as it can help you to get cleaner (topology errors) mesh.

If you can, send me the particular OBJ to milos.lukac@capturingreality.com so that I can inspect it.

Its not possible to use decimator or any optimization cause I have done UV and need to project textures same place as Displacement and normals.
About mesh… hm… My topology its usually clean, but some parts can be overlapped(some polygons can look inside the model) after subdivision and displace.

Hi Yegor

I hope you know ZB very well, like when you use DECIMATION MASTER, you CAN preserve UVs even when doing decimation…

wow… seems I know it not good enough.
Thank you.
…but unfortunately its not help. Optimized to 50% and… stuck on the same place (i mean progress bar)
http://take.ms/fRJNM

Texture generation stuck again. :cry:
http://take.ms/p9TVU

Hi Yegor

the ETA is not always precise, if the CPU is used, then RC is calculating texture properly. How many images do you have there for that subject ?

Hi.
Texture generation stuck again. :evil:
Im undarstand what model may be not ideal for RC, but Im sure software must avoid this problem somehow.
Cause as for Usability 3d model its perfect - clean topology and hi quality UV without overlaps (on the base level).

Yegor wrote:

Hi.
Texture generation stuck again. :evil:
Im undarstand what model may be not ideal for RC, but Im sure software must avoid this problem somehow.
Cause as for Usability 3d model its perfect - clean topology and hi quality UV without overlaps (on the base level).

Hello Yegor,
can I have your PC configuration like the one in my signature?

I got stucks with memory overflow ery often last week. And seems its somehow Project dependet. Cause some project with same images count and 20M mesh - works fine. But some projects stuck with out of memory no matter 20M mesh or 1M.

Last stuck was just minute ago. Needed to reboot to back to life.

PS. I work on Laptop MSI dominator PRO GT72 2QE (32GB ram, NVidia GTX 980M 8GB, and big SSD for system and CR )

Hi Yegor

What sort ot settings are you using there ? UNWRAP settings used ? please click on MODEL to get this information.