[BUG][4.26] Get Class Defaults not hiding unused pins

Hey, I have small problem with Get Class Defaults node that is mostly visual but annoying when I have a bigger ammount of variables.

Even though, the node has option to hide specific or all unused pins to not show on the node, for some reason it doesnt work at all.
Unchecking the node doesn’t work and stays as checked, staying visual on the node, same as using “Hide Unconnected Pins” does not hide them at all.

Anyone knows the solution for this? It can get really annoying.

Note: After some tests it seems this option works on 4.25 version of engine, but not on 4.26. Potential Bug.

So doing this does not work on your end?

@Everynone Yes, it does not work. For some reason pins stay as checked and visible on node no matter if I’ll choose each one manually or use “Hide Unconnected Pins” option.

Is this a behaviour you observe globally or for a specific class?

Was happening on 2 of the blueprints I used so far, I’ll try to experiment with creating a new one, including in a whole new project and I’ll let you know.

Worth to note: As I am still learning I very probably made a mistake of making all variables (which are a lot, in this app) in the widget blueprint I am working on.
Very probably a cause of this but you need to learn somehow.

On creating a new blueprint with 4 variables: Issue still hapens.

On creating a new project with an object with 4 variables: Issue still hapens. Doesn’t matter if variable is public or not.

So is this a generic new blueprint actor? I wonder where’s the rest of your pins… if you compare it to mine, you’ll notice the user-creted defaults and then the rest of the actor’s default. What’s the parent of that actor? (upper right corner of your image)

Now I wonder if there was an overhaul of how it works in 4.26 since I’m still sitting on 4.25. Maybe I missing out on some cool new bugs…

Asking about blueprints in particular as the c++ hot reload has a tendency to mess up pins.

I created just an Object class for this test.
On my project I used Widget blueprint and Game_Instance.

And yes, maybe it is bug in 4.26.

All made on standard blueprints that are provided with Widget class and Game_Instance (Object class in the example screenshot I provided).
Everything was programmed on Blueprints, as I’m not able yet to write in C++ for UE4.

In your screenshot, what is the parent class of this very actor? (Upper right corner Parent: ?) Just Object? That explains the missing pins :slight_smile:

Not sure at this point, I can see how annoying it can be, though. All I confirm is that it does, indeed, seem to behave fine in 4.25.3

Image from Gyazo

Had a look at the database @ https://issues.unrealengine.com/

…but nothing pops for me, nothing unusual at least. Chances are this is new or there is a secret settings I’m not aware of.

Never experienced this before, sorry.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Confirmed still an issue in 4.26.1

Reproduction is trivial, start a new project, create a class, give it some variables, make a class variable anywhere for this new class, drag off to create the ‘get class defaults’ node, observe how it doesn’t work when you try to hide them either via the ‘hide unconnected pins’ or by unticking the variable boxes.

Given it’s an engine bug, the solution is to roll back to an earlier version or wait for an update.

Or as it’s probably not worth it, in the meantime you can stick the node inside a function in a function library/separate function/collapsed node or similar.

For what it’s worth, I’m on Windows 7

333094-game3.gif

Glad to hear it!!

Confirmed this is an issue on my install too, 4.26.0 - updating now to see if it fixes, otherwise will look at reproduction steps.

Bug report was sent to Epic and confirmed as a bug and already fixed, it will be working on version 4.26.2.

Wicked, thanks for the update!