Unlike the rest of the static meshes that were imported from 3D software, static meshes that were created using brushes in Unreal do not allow:
- vertex snap
- dragging things from the Content browser and placing them on top of these actors like it is possible with other static meshes
- editor raycasting
We found a way to fix this problem for good:
- All of the meshes created in Unreal need to be exported from Unreal as FBX files and reimported from files.
- All of the instances of these static meshes in levels have to be manually replaced using the “select all objects of the same class” option from the right click contextual menu, which, of course, takes a lot of time and demands a content freeze of the whole project.
This is a problem that, if fixed promptly, can save us a lot of time. So, my question consists of two parts:
- Was this fixed in the April version of Unreal? (if it was, we will get rid of the bug by integrating it, which is fine)
- Is there some other way to fix the problem without reimporting everything that I’m not seeing?