Hey, dear community!
I would like to talk about something that I would like to realize but looks pretty hard to do. Actually is a feasibility study.
What I would like to have, a way to let people upload and use into the game custom:
- particles effect
The results I would like to see:
- a list of the available content on the player screen with the possibility to drag and drop them, or attach to some specific slot, into the game.
The way I found for now:
- images —> download from a URL (from my study should be possible even with browsing local memory with some tricks)
- meshes —> browse local file or URL and then procedural reconstructing them
- particles effect —> nothing.
This looks like, of course, like a modding tool.
- I would like the possibility to let the player load even custom levels so that they fully customize their experience
Here some questions!
- Are there ways for people to import and access (with a browser UI) full content packages and explore/import something at runtime?
- Meshes can be only procedural? Is there a way to import and explore obj and have them static into the game? (This mainly because procedural is lot expensive and still have some issues)
- A good way to import images from C++ without need to download them?
- How can be particles imported inside at runtime?
Thanks for your time!