broken skeleton when exporting from blender

I’m super new to importing stuff into Unreal, and have only now been able to get it to find the actual animations. I got everything to work on the animation blueprint end, but… Obviously this is not ideal.
I’ve tried every combination of bone exporting (Choosing only deform bones, adding leaf bones etc) but anything that allows the animation to be imported also breaks the animation itself. I assume this is due to the control bones, but is there any way to import the rig as-is without having to majorly change it?
Here’s a link to the .blend file (Ignore everything not part of the rig, I haven’t touched them since encountering this error) - moonrabbit_animationsets.blend - Google Drive

I’d have to see the export window from blender, but I had better results

UnrealEditor_2022-10-29_23-54-04

The tail and glasses didn’t export for some reason I lack, atm. Maybe since they aren’t a part of the rig

Also, try these settings

I tried using these settings but am still getting the same issue. I’m pretty sure it’s how I’m exporting/importing the animation. The only way I got Unreal to recognize it was by exporting just the armature with the animations baked.

I’ve been looking, but haven’t found many resources on exporting these kinds of animations properly in Blender. What am I doing wrong here?
(Also yes, the tail/glasses are not in the rig. I was in the process of adding the bones when I checked and found this issue)

There are some bug inside UE5. Try to switch this boxes when importing FBX into Unreal:

That fixed it, thanks! I kinda forgot to mess with those import settings because I had been manually importing the animations themselves, as trying to reimport the original mesh wouldn’t bring up those options again

interesting, as I hadn’t used the second and third checkbox for my results. I imported the skeleton mesh, then imported the baked animations however