Brief Battles - First alpha demo & effects overhaul!

Hey fellow Unreal devs!

A cheeky little couch game that I’m working on is getting closer to done (exciting times!). We’ve put our first demo out this month after a pretty big effects overhaul of everything and anything in game. We also added our first crack at some PC performance settings.

If couch games are your thing you can grab the demo on Gamejolt - we’d love any feedback! Game Jolt - Share your creations
Note that right now this is a multiplayer only demo, we’ll have single player and co-op in the full game :slight_smile:

The game is actually in the last 15 hours of Kickstarter right now if you’re keen to give it any support! It’s super down to the wire!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juicycupcake/brief-battles/

You can get an idea of the effects overhaul difference below:

https://i.imgur.com/y6dOuci.jpg

I’d love any feedback!

Here’s a little gameplay vid that shows more of the updates in action:

For those who want the raw pitch about the game:

"Brief Battles brings butt-em-up action to your couch, in a party game with a cheeky twist! It’s all about the undies.
Start with nothing but your butt and sticky nub-hands to get around. Grab super-powered undies to embrace the power of the butt and gain an underwear-fueled edge over your opponents!

Choose one of 6 plump, wobbly, agile heroes and conquer your foes buns of steel, toxic tighty-whities, flaming hot pants, and more.

Grab up to three friends to dominate in classic or ridiculous underpants-themed game modes, or test out your skills in solo and co-op challenges!"

We’re planning on bringing it to Xbox One and PC, early 2018.

I’ve struggled of late trying to balance getting among the community online and dev outside of my day job, but I’ll try and be more active with updates here on the forums!

I can’t seem to attach any more images here, so if you want to see a few short and sweet gifs, I’ve made a little post on imgur :slight_smile: We work the liquor store by day, we make the undies game by night! See the growth of our butt-em-up... - Album on Imgur

Tried clicking on the links you provided, but I get:

“Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.”