bridge for maya plugin

When will the bridge for maya plugin be updated to support maya2024 and maya2025?

1 Like

With Maya 2024 you need to install pymel to make the plugin work (tested on mac and Windows). Maya 2025 crashes after installation of pymel, maybe because the Bridge plugin isn’t yet ready for it.

Open a command line and depending on your OS run the following command from the follwing path to install pymel.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 09.54.35

2 Likes

First of all thanks for answering my question but Bridge for Maya plugin currently only supports maya2023? How does this work

1 Like

Just checked again on Maya 2024 for Windows and can confirm that it works. MS Plugin version is 7.1.5.

After installation of pymel for Maya 2024 the plugin should be configured and work the same way as with Maya 2023.

It’s not expoting metahumans though. I succesfully followed your tutorial on installing pymel and it started appearing in my maya. But when i click send to Maya in bridge - nothing happends. Just exported sucescfully but the project is blank

Just tested again on my Windows system in order to confirm that at least the export of 3D assets and surfaces to Maya 2024 works.

What is your currently installed version of Bridge?

Same issue here.

I am using the latest bridge version (2024.0.0).

For Maya 2025 the plugin is not working! Either pymel needs to be updated to support Maya2025, or the Bridge plugin needs to be completely re-created to support Maya without the use and requirement of pymel.

Mesh export works. It’s the metahuman export that does not work. I contacted Quixel support and they confirmed it is currently not supported and they have no idea when it will be.