Branching Spline

Currently in my game I have splines that move you by the based on the direction of the closest spline point. What I’m trying to do is make a realistic way of going between splines like a branch in a river no matter the angle as long as it acts like a flowing river. And suggestions on how to achieve the effect?

I’m also following this question, I know its a few months old but would love to know an answer for it, from what I’ve researched you can’t branch splines unfortunately but there are other ways (which I don’t know yet)

Now I can’t give a full answer since I would like to know myself but I came across this guy on Artstation, [James Stone][1]

He does some awesome water shaders with a physics based flow system in a branching river. I gave him a message but haven’t received a response yet. Will keep you updated if he does and post it for future people. But he has them on the unreal marketplace if anyone is interested.

If you found an answer, I’d love to hear it as well, and anyone else watching this question for future use.