[BP Suggestion] Create session node functionality extension

Real quick suggestion here, not sure of the feasibility of it, but I’ll try anyway.

Would it be possible to set a custom property or variable on the create session node, and then with find sessions, one could loop through the results and filer/arrange by that property? Ping and Name and Connections are exposed, but it would be nice to have a custom element.

Say if I had 2 multiplayer modes, one co-op and one versus. When using the create session node, I could have a bool like “isCoOpGame” set to true, and when a client runs find sessions, I could loop through all of the sessions that had returned false or true and remove them from the array.

Is there another way to basically cast to an already running server and get information from it, without having to actually join that server? Is this functionality already a part of the C++ online subsystem and just not yet exposed to blueprints?

Thanks

Except name is still not really exposed (not in blueprints anyway), if you we could at least set custom names then we could add custom filtering by splitting the name string :stuck_out_tongue:

At any case, any further session exposure to blueprints would be really nice. :slight_smile:

That’s true. I meant to say one can get the Name using find sessions, but not set the name when creating a session. I believe the name is random, or if using the steam system, it is based on steam name or steam ID or something.

Since it is now Monday and Epic is back at the dooryard, I’ll give this one right fast bump

More BP functionality from the OSS please, in 4.8 maybe? A way to get variables from sessions without having to actually connect to them?

Hello ,

I was reading over your post and I believe this would make a reasonable feature request. I have submitted a feature request ( UE-12493) to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for you time and information.

Make it a great day

Appreciate the request Rudy. I think it could be useful for a lot of people doing multiplayer systems.