BP_Sky_Sphere not respecting Refresh Material and Update Sun Direction for day/night cycle

I feel like I’m going crazy here. I have implemented a day/night cycle with the following setup:

• Added directional light. Set mobility to “Movable”

• Added BP_Sky_Sphere. Set Directional Light Actor to be the previously created directional light

• In level blueprint, used Event Tick to add to the directional light’s yaw, then set BP_SkySphere to Refresh Material and called Update Sun Direction

I confirmed my directional light is rotating but the sun position never does. I feel like I’m missing something very obvious and it’s incredibly frustrating. Can anyone see anything wrong with this setup?

Also, in the level blueprint, “TimeScale” is 30.

If I manually rotate the directional light and hit “Refresh Material” on the sky sphere, it updates fine. I have no idea why it doesn’t work in the blueprint.

I seem to be having issues linking to my screenshot, here it is: https://i.imgur.com/Pou8WmW.png

I think you could try to use Event Tick to add to the light’s Pitch, not Roll as I see in your screen shot. And I suggest you just call either Update Sun Direction or Refresh material. When you call Refresh Material, just type “Refresh Material” and search the function. Do not type “Set Refresh Material”.
I hope this should solve your problem.