Both my sis and I have laptops and monitors which we plug via VGA cable and use them to expand our desktop area, like this:
My sister has exactly this layout. And if we launch a packaged UE game we face a bunch of differencies:
- On my PC, the game uses the native resolution of the used screen (right, a smaller one) automagically. I can also change it via my BP widget (below) and it works as intended.
- If we launch our game on my sister’s laptop it will show up on the left side, and with wrong resolution. It seems that it uses the size of a smaller screen even if it shows up on the bigger one.
- If we try to change resolution on my sister’s laptop the game does nothing. We can neither lower nor make the resolution bigger.
- I can see available resolutions from 1024x768 up to 1600x900 (the latter one is laptop’s native), but my sis has options from 1024x768 up to 25XX x XXXX (actually I don’t remember, but numbers are huge). Such resolution isn’t possible because this laptop’s screen is 1366x768, and our external monitors are 1920x1080.
It is probably a bug. Everything works fine on my laptop but not on my sister’s one, though we test the same package.
I have Win10 with an Nvidia card, and my sis has Win8.1 with an AMD card. We both connect to monitors with VGA cable. I will collect more information asap, but probably tomorrow :c
We change the resolution via blueprint and use a combobox as an input. String-to-point works great and a confirmation widget
ApplyResolutionModal creates on each laptop.
Here’s how we add options to the input:
Here is how we decode it on update and where resolution should change. You can see a widget creation on the right side — it executes on all laptops, so
SetScreenResolution → Apply Settings execs too.