BP-Interface error when packaging. (type must be a UClass)

I only do things using blueprint scripting,
however packaging won’t work for me, since lately the output log says the following:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:/Users/Name/Documents/Unreal Projects/nenneman_game 4.25/Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Windows/Game/Source/NativizedAssets/Public/nenneman_character__pf3647407602.h(525) : Error: Unrecognized type ‘Ispeech_interface_C’ (in expression TScriptInterface) - type must be a UCLASS
PackagingResults: Error: Unrecognized type ‘Ispeech_interface_C’ (in expression TScriptInterface) - type must be a UCLASS

what’s that and how do i fix this?
All I can say is that the character is getting nativized and able to communicate with BPs implementing said interface.
When i don’t nativize at all, I don’t run into this issue, which is not an option unfortunately.


Have you tried Nativizing the entire project and not just the character?

Might be an issue of a Nativized BP trying to communicate with BPs that is not Nativized. I haven’t used Nativized BPs myself but i can imagine that could be it.

Also it says on the documenation that it doesn’t support Level BPs and BP Macrios if that is something being used.

I was tampering around a bit and after having issues with another interface when nativizing inclusively, but that had to do with an invalid name or something, which isn’t a problem anymore. So yeah, inclusive nativization seems to be doing the job for me. I wasn’t sure if that was a good idea, because I was reading those things about bloating the .exe file, which, in fact, doesn’t seem to be too bad in my case, but since both, inclusive and exclusive nativization both didn’t work at first, I didn’t have a clue. Anyways, thanks for that answer and take care! :slight_smile:

Hello, have you solved your problem? I also encountered the same packing error as you

Hi, more or less I’d say.

As nameLive stated below, there might have been with nativized blueprints communicating with ones not nativized. I couldn’t narrow down where exactly this happened, would have been trial and error I guess. Inclusive nativization did the job for me as I’m working on a rather compact project, nothing too complicated.

If inclusive is not an option for you, I’d suggest you work backwards, mark all BPs for nativization and then uncheck them one by one until something breaks. I’m not sure if this works though, I just came up with that, but maybe you get where you want that way. Might as well cause only more confusion…

Good luck with your project!