BP class inherited from a C++ class loses components on reconstruction

Hey,

I have a character class that I wrote in C++ and wanted to add some BP functionality, so I inherited a new BP from the C++ class. Till now, I was adding components through code only, but now after quite some time, I wanted to add a component using BPs, graphically. I added them, but when I closed the engine and reopened, it was gone. This happened multiple times, I tried at least 5 times. This is probably a bug in UE4. I really need to use the BP functionality to add components.

Thanks

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Hey!

Thanks. I’ll submit the bug report.

I noticed that it only happens when adding CUSTOM components to BP classes inherited from C++ classes.

Oookay? I know that.
And it is a valid bug.

Yes, I use CreateDefaultSubobject

It’s a message posted only because you posted your question in Bug Raport category, regardless if it’s valid bug or not.

How do you declare components in C++, do oyu use sub objects on constructor?

Well lot of people post on Report Bug category while there issue is not really a bug ;p

If you did this statically as you saying then indeed might be bug

It is a bug.

Yeah, I understand, sorry.

So what can we do about the bug? I wanted to look at the Engine’s source myself, but it’s too complex for me