Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc.
Full-time with benefits
Conceptualizing, designing, and creating high quality video game environments and art assets such as modeling, texturing, and lighting using digital technologies and programs. Works under general supervision with few direct instructions. Carries out routine and semi-routine tasks.
Leverage experience with polygonal and sculpting to deliver photo–realistic 3D environments and models using industry software such as Houdini, World Machine, World Creator, L3DT, TerraTools, Maya, Modo, ZBrush, and 3DS Max. Create high quality game environments such as geo-typical and geo-specific 3D worlds and levels using assets, geometry manipulation, particle effects, texturing, and environment beautification. Create art assets such as models, textures, and props of exceptional quality. Produce consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline. Optimize assets for a variety of performance and memory requirements. Work collaboratively with the team to create the game environments and assets. Maintaining or exceeding a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work. Create both in-game and pre-rendered quality environments for a variety of styles including realistic geo-specific. Reviewing and providing feedback on environment and prop assets. Resolving an assortment of moderately complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members. Communicating updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team members. Maintaining project and process specific documentation for the team. Meet development schedules and support the integration and testing of the developed applications. Participate in design reviews for software under development. This position is located in Fayetteville, NC.
**Basic Qualifications **
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality game art and environments.
- At least 2 years of experience in the game industry as an Environment Artist.
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field. May be substituted with experience.
- Highly proficient in the use of 3DS Max or Maya & Photoshop.
- Highly proficient in the use of ZBrush or Mudbox & Substance Painter/Designer.
- High level of understanding of environment art construction and pipelines.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR, PBM, PBL)
- Ability to produce AAA quality environment art assets.
- Ability to model clean, seamless models from concept art.
- Ability to follow existing guidelines, policies, procedures or project parameters.
- Ability to work onsite in our office in Fayetteville, NC.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
**Preferred Qualifications **
- Passion for making games.
- Modding & development experience with ArmA game series or Virtual Battlespace (VBS2 / VBS3)
- Terrain development in Real Virtuality Game Engine.
- Experience with TerraTools, Quixel, Mari, Marvelous Designer, and Vegetation creation tools.
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or Unity)
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiarity with modular level construction.
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Advanced skills in hard-surface and organic modeling.
- Self-motivated problem solver, ability to work well independently.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Experience creating concept art.
- Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
- Architectural knowledge.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.