Boost Performance

Hi, I need help boosting my FPS inside Ue4, My specs are Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with an Intel core I-7 processor and a Nvidia 5200M graphics card, I have 16 gigs of ram and on the lowest setting I only get 17 FPS please help.

I assume that this is a laptop given the m in the graphics cards name . Im sorry but i dont imagine you will get much of a boost from settings etc . Try reducing the amount of polys in your models etc etc .Sorry that was not much help .I tried for months to use a laptop and eventually gave up and built a pc .As power was always an issue

The 5200M is a very low end video card, it performs about as well as a GeForce GT 430, a card from 2010 that retailed for $80. The recommend specs for UE4 suggest a GTX 470 or better.

To put it into perspective just how ridiculously slow that thing is, userbenchmark says a 1070 is 20 times (!) faster.

I don’t have the money right now to build a pc, I guess I’ll have to wait.

I’m having issues all of a sudden with my fps as well. Is there any good way to be able to track down the culprit in the model? Any way to see what object is causing the biggest drop in performance?

you need a tower PC

Here’s how to profile and optimize your game.