Boolean Inputaxis not functioning correctly

Hello!

So in theory, from my understanding, this should be working the way I have it set up. Maybe there is something up with the default pawn movement system?

I’m trying to bool the action of both walking forward and walking backwards, because the speed at which you walk backwards is different, and I don’t want the ability to initiate both at the same time due to animaton artifacting etc.

For some reason this currently only lets me walk backwards, walking forwards does absolutely nothing. I probably should just write my own movement system, but this still just absolutely confuses me

Anyone have an idea what could be the issue? Thanks!

The axis inputs fire every frame whether they’re used or not. Currently the bools look like they block one another incorrectly; and they may not even be necessary. See whether this would work for you:

340808-screenshot-1.png

Moving backwards is 4x slower than moving forward and you can only evoke 1 direction at a time - holding both inputs zeroes the axis value.

And if you need the Bool flags for something else, perhaps you could set them explicitly like so:

Also, you can use the debug filter to see what goes where:

Image from Gyazo

That worked perfectly, thank you so very much!