Boolean and/or branch node not working in trigger box bp

Essentially, I’ve created a system here where the button press and therefore the animation are only able to be used if the character is inside the trigger box (the blueprint this is in), using the boolean QPressDrink. I used the print string functions to establish that the boolean is correctly made true or false by entering/exiting the trigger box. However, even when the variable is true, the anim montage doesn’t play. But it also doesn’t print the ‘not working’ message. It seems like there’s an issue with that branch node. When I end the test, I don’t get any error messages.

I’ve been struggling with this for a while and I’m completely stumped. Any help much appreciated.

No, but I don’t think montages can be played in animgraphs. It also worked fine in the character bp when I had the montage play without a trigger box and slot in the animgraph.

Just tested it. Good suggestion but I couldn’t add the montage. Plus, although the boolean is public, I couldn’t add that to the transition either.

Have you added a slot in the animgraph?

I’m talking about a slot before the final pose:

Oh ok. I’ve only been using unreal for a month or so and am still getting used to it. I can’t seem to find this (final animation pose). Or is it something I need to create?