Books Pack

Books Pack

Overview:
A small pack, that contains some models of books and magazines. Each type will have closed state and opened. Some of the models will have half-open state. Pack will also include some textures for each type. Materials for those books will support oldness, burned and torn effects, so u can make ur books to fit the game atmosphere. Moreover, the pack has Actor blueprint that allows you to set the book’s type, its state, texture and condition very quickly.

Done:

• Medium book model(Open & Closed, half opened)
  • Thin book(Opened, Closed, half)
  • Thick book(O & C, half)
  • Magazine(Opened & Closed)
  • Texture templates to make own textures
  • Material, that has Oldness and Burned parameters
  • Blueprint for fast book place and setup

WIP(or not started):

• Improve burn and oldness effects
  • Torn mat parameter
  • More textures
  • LODs
  • Maybe 4-6 more models
  • More functional material

Additional Info:**
All textures are 4k res.
Polys: Med. book Closed - 126, Med. book Opened - 274, Mag. Closed - 12, Mag. Opened - 168.

Early Preview:

P.S. Sorry about lags :frowning:
Previous video: UE4 Books (Early Prev) - YouTube

I’m currently working on new models and materials, so everything you see in the video is just a preview. Something may be different in release.

I’m planning to set the price on 5$(If Epic will accept, of cource), but if I add more stuff then I expected, the price will be 10. Anyway, any price or pack suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

Made more books to choose from.

Btw, maybe anyone knows, why there are that weird shadows on the books? It only appears, when they lay on a surface :frowning:

just throwing this out there is your demo level set up with dynamic lighting or static lighting i had similar issues with things prior to changing my level to dynamic

Thanks, that helped :slight_smile:

Btw, use commas, its a bit hard to understand you.

yeah, sorry about that. been typing english for 26years and still forget the small things :frowning:

This is great! I’m definitely on board to get this! As a writer of Unreal Engine books, if you need any covers or anything - I’d love to give you the front / back covers of my Unreal Engine book to add an extra cover to your collection if you’d like!

Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

Here is the new video, that shows material setup from construction script. You can setup the book u like pretty quickly. I also planning to add Randomize function.

P.S. Sorry about lags :frowning:

Special thanks to Rayan Shah (KitatusStudios) that allows me to use his Unreal Engine 4 books covers! Here is the link to his works: Kitatus' Free Books, Projects and Tutorials! - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

Looks great! Can’t wait for the release: As soon as it’s out, It’s a day-one purchase from me! I can’t wait to put my book into my game :stuck_out_tongue: