Bones moving when I try to anchor them to sockets using the two bones IK node. Is it legal?...

Hi, guys! 2 bones IK not working correctly.

1. Each tick Player_BP send the socket location in world space to my animation BP (I draw debug sphere - I see where is the socket in fact)
  2. Bone must be anchored to this location by 2 bones IK node (effector - world space). But it isn’t! Why? I can’t understand why the bone moving when I move a character?

P.S. I tried to use other spaces, but I don’t know, how to transform the socket location in world space / component space / other spaces to correct space of bone. I’m event not sure that it is possible at all… Could you please explain a bit?.. Or al least some link to read / watch info… Thanks in advance! :face_with_monocle:

I’ve added some screenshots. The green sphere is socket location (bow string middle point). And it works fine if the character is just standing

But once I try to rotate some spine bone I get this:

And that’s how I rotate bones…
Screenshot_3
Why IK not working correctly? What’s my mistake?

I’ve found a solution! It’s necessary to transform bones FIRST, and only then to apply two bones IK :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like