Bone transform without affecting mesh or switch skeleton

Hello, I have a skeletal mesh using a morph that changes its proportions, so different skeletons are needed before and after the morph.
What I’m trying to do is reposition the bones but I can’t figure out how to do it without distorting the mesh (currently I’m using Transform Bone in Anim BP).
Otherwise, is there a way to switch between 2 skeletons dynamically?

Thank you

Morph targets affect vertex groups not bones as far as I know. Also, you cannot use two skeletons for the same mesh. I would do the morph outside the UE4 then import it.

I could use 2 different meshes with their own skeleton, yes, but it’s better with just 1 for time, space and gameplay reasons (since I could use any degree of the morph).
So I’d like the skeleton to scale dynamically so that when I use a morph I still have an accurate rig, otherwise the mesh gets distorted when not in t-pose.

I know this is 7 years old, but did you ever figure out how to do this?

This is exactly my question. I have blend shapes that are changing my character’s proportions. I have a way to calculate the updated joint positions based on the blend shape values. I need to enter some kind of “edit mode” to do that though, otherwise I get a double translation. An example would be that the blend shape makes the arm longer, but when I move the skeleton to the new correct location, it moves the hand out even further.

In 3d packages you can very easily edit bones by entering a kind of edit mode, for example in blender:

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT')
# move the bone
bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='OBJECT')

A more hacky way to do it would be to remove skinning move the bones and then reapply the skinning.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this? Or can anyone give a definitive “this is not possible” with proof?