Bombers Of The War

Description:
Bombers Of The War will put you in the crew members of WW2 bombers. You’ll be able to control each crew member and use each gun on the bomber. The gun controlling will be in first-person, and as soon as you leave that crew member or switch to another, the A.I. will take control of it. each bomber will hopefully have interiors where you can move to a new gun, help a wounded comrade, or fix parts of the plane. We plan on having Multiplayer where each player controls their own bomber. This game will tell the stories of the men that flew during WW2.

Includes:

• B-17 with interior.
  • Ability shoot each gun in first person.
  • Single player.
  • Realism Aspect.

Team Structure
** (Project Creator)** - (17 Years Old)
Project Management, Game Design - 1 year.

J.D. Dennery - (23 Years Old)
Concept Artist - 9 Months.

Talent Required:
3D Artist (1)
Ability to export to FBX format.
Experience with UE4 toolset a bonus.
Expected to create additional props & hard surfaces for use in maze generation.

3D Character Artist
Experience with Maya required.
Experience with UE4 toolset a bonus.
Expected to create, rig and animate npcs.

OTHER POSITIONS LOCATED ON WEBSITE

http://www.i-m.mx/bombersofthewar/BombersOfTheWar/home.html

E-mail:

This type of project is something you cannot really make in hopes people will do it free. I looked at your site, and for one thing I use GIMP and Photoshop, I can get the same results out of both programs, I don’t need to have Photoshop.

Secondly, “Coder” and “Blueprint Creator” are the same thing, it makes no sense to have two different things. I mean if you are referring to C++ then you need to have
“C++ Programmer” and for Blueprint, “Blueprint Scripter.” It’s just more proper and professional to be clear and use the right terms for these positions. This goes without saying that “Texture Maker” and “Artist” are the same thing. If you are going to do this, be more clear and specific. The art section breaks down into multiple things, Texture Artist, Character Artist, Environment Artist, UI Artist, and so on.

Now, why is the Coder going to be unpaid and as well as the “texture maker?” I mean if they aren’t receiving royalty payment for the work they did on your game why should they assist? At least pay them for what they do in short term, it’s only right unless they want to take the time out of their day cause they have nothing better to do. Even still it’s only right.

Also 3D Character artist as stated above in this post, all you need is experience in any form of modeling program, it doesn’t matter what they use as long as it gets done. Usually you won’t always find modelers being animators, so you have to find entirely different people to do your animations for a model someone designed.

I’m also not very sure if your donation page is alright, I mean I’d say 5 dollars could do a little more then a raffle for a game that may not even get finished. You should make a demo before you ask people to donating to you, it gives them some guarantee it’s worth giving. Granted it will help you pay for people services which honestly you need to do for anyone not sticking around or are for hire and are good at what they do. I really think you aren’t repaying someone donating 20 dollars enough with just an alpha version, which for the most part will be a buggy game in testing. The Beta yeah that’s good and all, they deserve a copy and have say in development but I would do more to return the favor, maybe wallpapers, a shirt, something. The 30 dollar donation looks especially unpromising when you are not making hardly any difference in returning the favor, it’s hardly different then the 20 dollar. Close testing, are you saying you are going to cut off Beta and only allow a select few people to play the game before it’s final release when basically, it’s still Beta and that makes no sense.

I understand I may be going a bit overboard with this post but I see people who do these post like this and I think they really need to do research on peoples field of work and process before making things like this. Come in with a proper plan for a game, layout the development structure in details, show people what needs to be done and where it will be required on a project. Just be professional and respect other people task when you want to take a games development seriously.