Bogdan’s Cross – An Epic Tale of Faith, Mystery, and the Crusades

Hey Epic Devs! :raised_hands:
I’m excited to introduce Bogdan’s Cross, my solo-developed action-adventure game set during the tumultuous era of the Crusades. It’s been an incredible journey bringing this project to life, and I’m thrilled to share it with you all!

Immerse yourself in the world of Bogdan’s Cross!

Steam_InmersiveStory_2

About the Game:

Bogdan’s Cross follows the epic journey of Bogdan, a humble shepherd boy who rises to become a legendary Templar knight, uncovering hidden tales and confronting dark forces along the way. The game blends a rich narrative with side-scroller exploration, taking you deep into a medieval world brimming with history, myth, and secrets waiting to be uncovered.

:small_orange_diamond: Key Features:

• A Narrative-Driven Experience: Uncover the mystery behind legendary relics and face moral dilemmas that shape Bogdan’s fate.
  • Beautifully Crafted Environments: Each scene is meticulously designed using Quill VR for immersive world-building, seamlessly integrated with Unreal Engine.
  • A Diverse Medieval World: Meet characters personified as different animals, each reflecting their role and place in the Crusades.
  • Collectibles with Historical Context: Discover rare artifacts, including pages from the Latin Vulgate Bible and other relics that add layers of historical depth and lore to the game.

Why the Crusades… with Bears? :bear:

Bears are central to the story, embodying strength, resilience, and the struggle between instinct and faith. But the world of Bogdan’s Cross is rich and varied, with a cast of different animals reflecting the complex dynamics of the era. It’s a mix of historical realism and creative storytelling inspired by the graphic novel series Blacksad. I wanted to explore this era with a fresh lens and a touch of mythic symbolism.

:link: [Wishlist on Steam] – Support the Journey!

:point_right:Wishlist on Steam
:point_right: Wishlist on Epic Store

Behind the Scenes: The Workflow

I’m using a combination of Quill VR and Unreal Engine to create assets and environments. Every prop and character was first sculpted in VR, allowing me to work intuitively and add intricate details before bringing them into Unreal for animation and game logic.

If you’d like to know more about my process, check out my upcoming live streams where I break down my workflow step-by-step! Feel free to ask any questions or leave feedback—I’d love to hear what you think! :smile:

Thanks for taking a look!
:shield::bear: Bogdan’s Cross is a passion project that’s been a long time in the making, and I’m excited to finally share it with the community.

Join the Journey: Subscribe for Updates and Early Demo Access!

:point_right: www.bogdanscross.com

Let’s connect, and I hope to see you all exploring Bogdan’s world soon!

2 Likes