Company The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1800094555Date posted 12/04/2018
Location HuntsvilleAlabamaUnited States
Boeing Research & Technology partners with Boeing business units to solve complex problems across the lifecycle of our aerospace and defense products. Our research and development projects provide Boeing employees with better knowledge and tools increasing the value of our products and services. Projects include sponsors in Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, and Boeing Global Services.
The Boeing Company invites applications for an AR/VR Software Engineer.
The successful candidate will be part of the Boeing Research & Technology, Complex Systems Analysis organization in Huntsville, AL. The AR/VR engineer will work on various projects, including those that use game engines to aggregate and present large data sets to support design and development of complex systems. Using mixed reality and 3D modeling tools and simulation tools, we are taking cross-disciplinary understanding of operational concepts to new heights.
The successful candidate must be intrinsically motivated to complete projects. The ability to establish a good working relationship with the project lead and customer is required. In most cases the candidate will be asked to assess and come up with innovative solutions using existing resources to meet customers’ needs. The candidate will also be required to clearly communicate with the project lead, team members, managers and customers on the status of projects. Openness to operate outside of one’s skillset to quickly learn new software and hardware tools is desired. This position requires the flexibility to work on multiple, fast paced projects simultaneously.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
This position does offer relocation assistance
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Experience using game engines
- Experience with programming languages and IDEs (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, Python)
- Experience with software development and testing tools 3D modeling, and animated tools (Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya, 3DS Max)
- 1+ year in programming in Matlab, Python, or R
- Experience with War-gaming, Operations Research or Flight Simulation
- Experience with numerical methods used in physics-based modeling
- Experience with graphic design tools is a plus
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award