BOD Crash when running Mobile Preview ( PIE )

Running a mobile preview crashes for me every single time without fail.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create project of any type ( I tried a blank project, top down project, and 3rd person )
  2. Make sure to select the mobile platform as the target platform
  3. Run in Mobile Preview

BOD

Sometimes the editor log will show up before the blue screen. The crash log isn’t always the same however. The last time I was able to see it, I remember seeing a HitTest file in the callstack before going blue screen.

MuzzyA,

In order to better assist you, I will need to see the full crash report that pops up. I am not experiencing a BOD crash when using the mobile previewer in any of these projects.

Thank you!

Does this happen in 4.9.2? Does this happen on any other project? Have you tried verifying your version of the engine?

I wish I could get it :(. When it pops up, it’s only there for a second or 2 before going to blue screen. There’s not enough time to do anything there.

I will start the download for 4.9 and try tomorrow. I’ll get back to you then.

It also happens in 4.9.2. But, in 4.9.2, the shader compiler crashes as well. I used a top down blueprint project template. So maybe it’s related to compiling shaders. I also was choosing the ‘Scalable 2D or 3D’ option. I will try with the Maximum Quality option and get back to you.

It also does it with the Maximum Quality options selected in 4.9.2. Shader crashes, and a few seconds later BOD. In 4.10, the shader doesn’t crash. Sorry I can’t give a crash log :(.

My assumption is that it’s related to my graphics card since the shader is crashing.

So here is my graphics card info, if that helps any.

Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 
  Total available graphics memory 5888 MB 
        Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB 
        Dedicated system memory 0 MB 
        Shared system memory 3840 MB 
  Display adapter driver version 15.200.1062.1004 
  Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080 
  Secondary monitor resolution 1920x1080 
  DirectX version DirectX 10

I believe you may be having these complications due to your graphics card. You may want to look for any updates that may be available for it?

[What are Unreal Engine 4’s system requirements?][1]
For developing with UE4, we recommend a desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later, 8 GB RAM and a quad-core Intel or AMD processor, and a DX11 compatible video card. UE4 will run on desktops and laptops below these recommendations, but performance may be limited.

Häufig gestellte Fragen - Unreal Engine

Hey MuzzyA,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!