Blurry Pixel Texture - MipMapping Off

Hello,

I’ve been using a 32x32 px texture for some assets that require a combination of solid base albedo/diffuse colors. I’ve set all mipmap/filter settings I could possibly find on the forums and online documentation though the texture still looks heavily filtered when inserted into a material. Is there a parameter or setting that can be filtering the texture that I’m not aware of?

I’ve tried the RMB on texture → Sprite Actions → Apply Paper 2D Texture Settings option.

I’ve only just begun creating this texture in an attempt to reduce the amount of texture memory required in our builds. The only solution I have right now is to scale up this pixel textures by 500% though this bloats up the memory usage without a good purpose.

Note, if this is of any importance, we are building our game for VR (Android ASTC).

That’s a very heavy shader you’ve got going there! 1034 instructions :slight_smile:

In my experience, just plonking a texture directly in a material and putting it on a mesh has no artifacts. What extra steps have you taken?