BLUI Open Source HTML5/JS/CSS HUD/UI

Hi folks, I’m having issues compiling BLUI on Windows: after about an hour of compilation, it gives this:

Let me know if anyone’s had this error yet, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

[QUOTE=spychiatrist;678577]
Hi folks, I’m having issues compiling BLUI on Windows: after about an hour of compilation, it gives this:

Let me know if anyone’s had this error yet, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I am having the same issue and noticed some errors before that:

Did you find a solution?

[QUOTE=spychiatrist;678577]

error C2220: warning treated as error. change the CEF’s project files *.vcxproj. to not treat warning’s as error’s at compile time.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/thxezb7y.aspx

Hello, first time posting here, I saw BLUI and think it is a real good alternative for beginner to UE to build UI / 3D Widgets Menu.

I tried running BLUI as 3D Widget with Widget Interaction attached to FP shooter example and somehow getting this weird stutter:

Here is the Blueprint node I use on my tick:

1.png

The hover seems to be receiving something, but not able to work consistently. Sometimes even got activated on click event (I called Trigger Left Mouse Down on Blu Eye UI ExampleHUD on the same location), I got the location using (Get 2D Hit Location) from Widget Interaction.

Here is the HTML and CSS I’m using on this example

[QUOTE]
<html>
<head>
<title>InteriorVR Menu</title>
<link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” href=“interiorvr/style.css”>
</head>
<body>
<div class=“button” onclick=“blu_event(‘click_me’,‘hello there!’)”>
<span>HOVER ME</span>
</div>
</body>
</html>

[QUOTE]
.button {
width: 400px;
background-color: rgba(20,20,20,0.8);
color: #fff;
padding: 100px;
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 60px;
text-align: center;
}

.button:hover {
background-color: rgba(220,220,220,0.8);
color: #000;
}

.button:hover span { display: none }
.button:hover:before { content: “HOVERED!” }

Edit: It seems to work when I attach it to Viewport and activate the mouse cursor on player controller, but wasn’t able to figure out how to get the Demo even working.
Edit2: I figure something out, when showing mouse cursor, stutter happens when either one of the Widget Interaction or Actual Cursor are not on top of the HUD. Are there any way to ignore the cursor position and rely solely on the Widget Interaction?

Okay so it was on ExampleHUD, OnMouseMove to be disabled on my case, solved anyway :slight_smile:
Thanks for the great plugin!

I can’t actually build this plugin at all. It gets to “Applying Patches…” then a prompt asks if I want to allow “patch.exe” to run. Then absolutely nothing happens.
If I close the patch window, it starts right back up. If I close it and say “No” to whether Windows can start it or not, it keeps going.

Then after a while, it tells me there was an Index Out of Bounds exception, and stops running entirely. That’s after 3 hours of running, and downloading 28 GB of files on my computer.
What am I supposed to do here? Or could someone provide a finished build with the latest commits? I wanted the 19 latest commits that the current done release on the github doesn’t have.

I still have issues with this.

Has anyone gotten this to compile for latest UE4? I’ve been running into a ton of issues with this. Theres no documentation on building, but I’m running into warning C4334 compile err for CEF, but any attempt to suppress/disable the warning gets thrown out the window and still show me the error/warning. Anyone know how to disable the C4334 warnings with gyp?

Still can’t make this compile.

[QUOTE=Vipar;710717]
Still can’t make this compile.

My error was related to CEF_REQUIRE_UI_THREAD() (macro not found) in RenderHandler.cpp
My workaround is include cef_helpers.h in the RenderHandler.h
#include “…/ThirdParty/cef/Win/include/wrapper/cef_helpers.h”

Hello,

I moved my project from ue4.14.1 to ue4.16.1. However the project that is using BluEye is not compiling.

I grabbed the latest release of BLUI from github, version 3.1 and replaced the BLUI folder inside of my Game Project. Then I re Generated Visual Studio project files and tried to recompile and it fails every time at Blueye.

1>------ Build started: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
1>D:\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine4-16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -waitmutex
1>Creating makefile for ShaderCompileWorker (no existing makefile)
1>Target is up to date
1>Deploying ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development...
1>Total build time: 1.84 seconds (NoActionsToExecute executor: 0.00 seconds)
2>------ Build started: Project: MusicalRange, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
2>D:\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine4-16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MusicalRangeEditor Win64 Development "D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\MusicalRange.uproject" -waitmutex
2>Couldn't parse 'r.TranslucentLightingVolume 0'
2>Creating makefile for MusicalRangeEditor (no existing makefile)
2>Performing 7 actions (4 in parallel)
2>Blu.generated.cpp
2>Module.Blu.cpp
2>Module.BluLoader.cpp
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(54): error C2039: 'GetMaterialInstance': is not a member of 'UBluEye'D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(54): error C2039: 'GetMaterialInstance': is not a member of 'UBluEye'
2>
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(51): note: see declaration of 'UBluEye'
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(51): note: see declaration of 'UBluEye'
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(54): error C2660: 'UBluEye::init': function does not take 0 argumentsD:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Public\BluEye.h(54): error C2660: 'UBluEye::init': function does not take 0 arguments
2>
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Private\RenderHandler.cpp(37): error C3861: 'CEF_REQUIRE_UI_THREAD': identifier not found
2>D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Private\RenderHandler.cpp(48): error C3861: 'CEF_REQUIRE_UI_THREAD': identifier not found
2>[4/7] Link UE4Editor-BluLoader.dll
2>[5/7] Link UE4Editor-BluLoader.lib
2>   Creating library D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BluLoader.lib and object D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BluLoader.exp
2>   Creating library D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BluLoader.suppressed.lib and object D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-BluLoader.suppressed.exp
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\Plugins\BLUI\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Blu.suppressed.exp
2>Total build time: 45.05 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3075: The command "D:\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine4-16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MusicalRangeEditor Win64 Development "D:\Dropbox\MusicalRange-4.16\MusicalRange.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
2>Done building project "MusicalRange.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I thought that maybe I could fix it by looking at the errors, but I am puzzled. As it complains about line 54 “getMaterialInstance” but there is nothing of that in that line. Only the GENERATED_BODY() macro.

[QUOTE=Motanum;724279]
Hello,

I moved my project from ue4.14.1 to ue4.16.1. However the project that is using BluEye is not compiling.

I grabbed the latest release of BLUI from github, version 3.1 and replaced the BLUI folder inside of my Game Project. Then I re Generated Visual Studio project files and tried to recompile and it fails every time at Blueye.

I thought that maybe I could fix it by looking at the errors, but I am puzzled. As it complains about line 54 “getMaterialInstance” but there is nothing of that in that line. Only the GENERATED_BODY() macro.

The prebuilt version seems to be older than the latest commits to the git so you should probably try building the plugin yourself and using that. Guide here: https://github.com//BLUI/tree/master/builder

[QUOTE=Duulis;724636]
The prebuilt version seems to be older than the latest commits to the git so you should probably try building the plugin yourself and using that. Guide here: https://github.com//BLUI/tree/master/builder

Thanks for the reply. I dunno what happened, but it compiled this morning first try after restarting my PC. So, it kinda fixed itself.

Can I use this plugin in ue4.15?

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
		new string]
	{
		"Core",
		"CoreUObject",
		"Engine",
		"InputCore",
		"RenderCore",
		"RHI",
		"Slate",
		"SlateCore",
		"UMG",
		"",
        "CEF3"
    });

Seeing as there have been quite a few people with issues getting BLUI to compile recently, I went ahead and updated and compiled my BLUI fork. You can find the latest release here: https://github.com//BLUI/releases with documentation about the small differences in the fork here blui (Brian Lui) · GitHub

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

[quote=“, post:571, topic:20338”]

Seeing as there have been quite a few people with issues getting BLUI to compile recently, I went ahead and updated and compiled my BLUI fork. You can find the latest release here: https://github.com//BLUI/releases with documentation about the small differences in the fork here blui (Brian Lui) · GitHub

Thank you so much @ :slight_smile:

Are there any tutorials on updating the CEF build? @ updated his CEF to 2556. How much of a pain is it?

The plugin is still not compiling into Linux platforms (cross compiling with toolchain)
So release a project with BLUI plugin is only available for Windows.
The builder script only downloads and build cef and BLUI for Windows
Can you add support for this ?

You sir/madam, are a rockstar. Years ago when I was diving into engine development using such classics as Ogre3D and friends, I fell in love with the idea of powering my UI needs with HTML/CSS/JS. When I came across BLUI and some other similar plugins for UE, I was super-excited… But when I got around to tinkering with BLUI (it seemed to be the best bang-for-the-buck), I was saddened by it’s state. Now you walk in, and I see a 4.18 compatible release over at GitHub.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I know this plugin is no longer supported and even though I tried a while ago to keep it going, the amount of effort required to build CEF was just ridiculous … I recommend you all look at this plugin: Web UI (HTML + JSON Interface) in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

[quote]
The WebUI plugin allows developers to create rich web-based user interfaces using the Chromium Embedded Framework. It’s powered by the native UnrealCEFSubProcess built into UE4 and includes support for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This plugin also has a robust library that provides integrated management of objects, arrays, and primitive data types. It comes with an example project that demonstrates a startup map with a volume slider and FPS counter.

I have already integrated it in to my project and it works extremely well … the JavaScript callbacks are easy to use.

Thanks for this! Can you update the BluiWorldWidgetActorExample to accept mouse and keyboard input by default?