[Blueprints3D] Blueprints Nodes in 3D!

Lately, after playing around in VR, I’ve been fantasizing what it would be like to Visually Script in 3D with Blueprints. With or without VR. Orthogonal Views would allow the BP3D Nodes to be viewed like traditional BP2D Nodes. Could probably even have some form BP3D to BP2D conversion, visa versa.

I also imagine playful Gamification Mechanics that are invoked when one deletes, adds, orientate, connects BP3D Nodes. Something Simple like Enemy UFOs swoping in shooting missiles at your BP3D Nodes/Wires and you can point and click to Zap them to Score Points. Could probably be Motivator when Scripting gets tough. Of course Undo/Redo functionality would be there. Haha. Perhaps a new game genre? Utility Game?

Just a fantasy at this point, but I truly feel Blueprints in 3D would be fun, immersive, and coherent with all the other work we’re doing in 3D Development Environment. I definitely want to hear what others think about it. Please share your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes
  • educational programming starter toolkit for kids and / or visual learners? It would be a good physical workout to boot.

• turn working script into a 3D parkour or platforming game; ride and swing on the spline wires:

1 Like

Exactly. I was also thinking, on-demand interactive game mechanics while Scripting BP3D. Imagine Alien UFOs trying to steal/destroy your BP3Ds while your scripting them. Of course, the BP3Ds could be reset as if nothing happened. If you don’t feel like manually scripting BP3Ds, we could implement a Blueprints3D Generative Pre-trained Transformer (BP3D-GPT) to produce them for us as we battle the UFOs. Haha.

Planning a Prototype. Looking at LittleBigPlanet for ideas

1. Wrap Standard BPs. Use Standard Datatypes for Input / Output Signatures.
  2. Devise Intercommunication Messaging.
  3. Determine how to represent them / connections visually in 3D.

Open to ideas for implementation.

1 Like