Blueprints "Overlapping"?

Can you tell me how you want it to work in an ideal world?

Because at the moment, you have a sort of mixture of various approaches.

The things I’m wondering about are:

1. Click or E?

2. Do you want to switch to FP, is so, when?

So, just tell me what you want.

I’m gonna fix this project to do line trace from the 3rd person and I’ll send it back.

If you want the 3rd/1st person mix, please get back to me…

Thats perfectly fine, I can have it as a reference down the road. Im trying to teach myself as I go, so knowing what correct will be a huge help

Boom:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/107zcGkIoX_3Uo36znsMC4ihokIOHNQmp/view?usp=sharing

The only fiddly thing was the array work to figure out which component was moving, otherwise we would have needed a timeline for everything.

Ask me about stuff you don’t understand.

( Engine version 4.26 )

It took a little research to figure out the BPIInteract interface, but i got that. I was trying to go off of yours to use it on others, and learn what and why you put stuff in, I’m only hitting a few spots of confusion. I have everything in the new one, I made the array off the static mesh components, but it won’t run the timeline and move the new set of drawers. I don’t know if it has something to do with the array I made from the mesh components? If i hover over your array icon on the component variable, it has the small pop up that tells me the values of each component, but mine isn’t doing that.

I dragged them all out into the the construction script and piped them into a make array node and promoted to variable.

But all in all you have been so helpful, and I really can’t thank you enough, and i learned a lot just from the cabinets

Hi - sorry for the delay, I didn’t get a notification.

To enable a new blueprint ( like one of the other furniture pieces ), you have to add the interface:

and compile before you can send messages to it.

There are quite a few things I had to do to get it working. One thing that may confuse is that I added ‘scenes’ to the blueprint components, otherwise it’s impossible to move the drawers without fiddly code.

You might also notice that the code in each BP is almost identical. You’re right. And the way to only code it once is to use ‘inheritance’. But that’s for another day.

Tell me how you do getting a new one working.

I saw the actors, put them in set as the parent, in the same location as the drawer, just like yours, added in the interface, and have the function in. Everything Blueprint wise is identical. The only thing I can find, and I’ve been through almost every setting comparing everything, is my components order is wonky, but they are all in order in the viewport, not that i would think that matters, second screenshot. Sorry to bother so much with this, and dont worry, I didnt get a notification on your response

I think there will be a component problem, we’ll come back to that ( bit fiddly to explain ). But does anything actually move?

I have a discord channel, if you want to hook up on there: