[Blueprints] How to add delegate parameter to interface function?

Hi

We are trying to move our implementation to the “Implement to interfaces” paradigm, where everything is an implementation on an interface

Interfaces cannot have “event dispatchers”, so we tried to pass the event to function in the interfaces then bind it in the implementation as we can do in normal class function
Unfortunately, we could not do that, we cannot define an interface function parameter of type “delegate”

In a class, I can create a normal function that take an event as a parameter and bind it to a dispatcher, I cannot make this an interface function as I do not know how to define it in the interface

Thanks

If it is not possible, Is it a feature or a bug?

Don’t think it’s possible without a plugin or C++

Not everything implemented in C++ has been exposed to blueprint. This just hasn’t been done…

Are you against plugins? There’s a good one that allows you to trigger any event with just an actor ref:

Thanks for your suggestion

I am not generally against plugins, but this is a feature that will reside in the foundation code, it has to be a core engine feature.

also, I saw the demo video and it does not seem to have the required feature (delegate as interface function parameter)

To be fair, delegates are not the same as interfaces :slight_smile:

( They have a different use ).

We also need Interfaces that support implementing delegates.

Any luck finding out how to do this in a generic way? (that also supports Blueprints)