Blueprint wires and redirecting? ( simple question )

Hi,

I’m sure this has been asked/answered and it’s probably in one of the many useful youtube tutorials that I’m slowly working my way through. The problem is I’m not really sure what you’d call it which makes searching for the answer tricky. I also can’t find the answer in the “Blueprint Editor Tips And Tricks” cheat sheet.

I like to keep things tidy and blueprints can get pretty messy which adds to confusion if, like me, you’re still learning. No idea why this isn’t mentioned in the very first blueprint video tutorial as it seems a key thing to keep from getting your wires crossed.

What I want to know is how to do this?

Sorry for asking such a dumb question. But for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally got it. For anybody else wondering the same thing it’s called a “Reroute Node”. You can either add them from the menu or simply double-click on the wire/spline. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can also double click on any wire to create a re-rout point, in the material editor they are called “Pass Throughs”, but are just material functions so they aren’t very elegant, but in saying that, the flow of the material editor nodes only really looks messy if you follow some sort of placement conventions

1 Like

Thank you for this! I went too long not knowing how to do this. It’s so simple lol. I’m surprised I’ve never create one on accident.

1 Like