Download

Blueprint Volumes

Hi Epic!

Not sure if this is something that is already doable, but if it is, I don’t know how. I like to program in blueprints so I can make mechanics quickly and don’t need to waste time with C++, and one thing that I have been unable to find is a way to make volumes using blueprint code. Is there a way to do this or is this something that can be added into the engine?

Thanks!!

Could you not just use a volume component in your blueprint then call the overlap event on it to trigger your code?

587516d60536b4a21133f8bca12e2a5df05d0354.jpeg587516d60536b4a21133f8bca12e2a5df05d0354.jpeg

Blueprintable will come. As they are needed for UT. Mike was talking about it on stream with Ray. I dunno if it was supposed to land with 4.6 or next release.

Savagebeasty, what you are saying is doable but isn’t how it should work. The biggest beauty of volumes is that you can use geometry mode on them and they are easy to resize to exactly the size you want. With your method, you have to use scale values and you can’t make non-regular shapes without multiple blueprints. It may seem like it’s not a big deal, but trust me, it very much is.

Also good to hear iniside!