Blueprint Tutorial Changes

Hi everyone, as I’m sure some of you have noticed the blueprint tutorials that have been provided have changed slightly since the StarterMap was updated.

edit: I’ve updated the post the show the solution

Tutorial Two:

• Changing Visibility: Open the CeilingLight Blueprint, click the components tab up top and then select the light. You can then scroll through its details and disable its visibility.
  • Reference in LevelBlueprint: You can access the PointLight attached to CeilingLight by dragging a Node off of it’s reference and simply search for PointLight and choose the Getter.

Link to video tutorials:

Are you trying to access the TriggerVolume inside the CeilingLight Blueprint or inside the Level Blueprint?

You can create a Variable reference to PointLight1 in Level Blueprint by dragging from your Blueprint_CeilingLight (in the Level BP Eventgraph) and typing Point Li… which will pop up the get/set nodes for the point light inside Blueprint_CeilingLight (perhaps this is what you meant, it wasn’t clear).

I’ve not got to Tut 3 yet, perhaps the same approach is needed?

Edit: Yes, it is (see below)

http://i62.tinypic.com/3522loi.png

Thanks guys for making us understand more before we get there. At the moment, I am still reading the documentations and in and out of the forum threads. A good way to start I think. :cool:

Ya I noticed the same thing. I just deleted Blueprint_CeilingLight and replaced it with what was in the videos. Either way you end up at the same result!

In the “Blueprint QuickShot 2 Blueprint Pickup” tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9QKzLK-sU&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaCL2XjKluO7N2Pmmw9pvhE), I noticed that the presenter used the “Cast to PlayerCharacter_C” node, but this isn’t showing up for my contextsensitive menu. Was there a previous tutorial that I missed that added this node? Or, how can I reproduce what the presenter is achieving in the video another way?

Thanks!

-Phil

The reference to the pointlight is exactly what was needed.

You can use “Cast to Character” instead of “Cast to PlayerCharacter_C” and you should be able to complete the rest of that tutorial.

Cheers!

-Steve

I am still stuck because I understand better on a video demonstration, if anyone finds a video of an updated version of that second Blueprint video please link it down below :slight_smile: