Blueprint to create and array from OSC message

Hello!

I would like to know if anyone has any inputs on how to create a blueprint that consists of an array of static meshes. The idea is to drive data in via OSC as a float value, convert it to integer and set it to a variable. So far I have that part covered and I can print a string to confirm it is working.

The difficult part is, at least for me, how would I create an array of say 20 by 20 meshes with said integers and have it update at runtime?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

You can’t have ( not without recursive data types or using C++ ) multi-dimensional arrays, so your array would just be 400 long.

Can you describe a bit more about the process? An array of meshes. What meshes? Are the meshes in the level, or being put in the level or?..

Hello ClockworkOcean!

Let me explain the project idea I have.

I want to send data via OSC to unreal engine, the data comes in as either float values or integer (or float that I can convert to integers in engine). The OSC plugin that comes with ue4 now does a great job at handling this inside an actor BP so that’s all good and sorted :slight_smile:

What I want to do with this data is create a blueprint that creates an array of meshes (let’s say boxes as an example) in the X and Y axis inside the level, based on the values received by the OSC blueprint. So, as an example, let’s say the values from OSC are 5 and 10. In this case I would like to know how to create an array of 5 boxes in the X axis and 10 in the Y axis at runtime. Do you know if this is possible?

Cheers!

Like this:

Fantastic! just what I needed, thank you so much ClockworkOcean! Now I just need to find out how to pipe OSC data into it :slight_smile:

Thank you so very much!